Yellow Cake with Apple Pie Filling
1 box Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix
1 can apple pie filling
Make the mix as directed. Fold in the apple pie filling and bake according to directions on cake mix box.
Brown Sugar Frosting
Source: Brown Sugar Frosting Recipe at Cupcake Project web site
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup milk
2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add the brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium low, and continue to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually add sifted confectioners' sugar. (I would highly recommend sifting the confectioners' sugar. It's such a pain to sift, but it ensures that the frosting will be extra smooth.)
- Beat until thick enough to spread. If too thick, add a little hot water.