Melt in your mouth Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar and 1 cup butter in electric mixer and beat on medium speed until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Mix well and add to sugar mixture, beating on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Gather up dough into a ball and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place half of dough on floured wax paper. Cover with wax paper and roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into favorite shapes.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven on center rack for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Mix up icing using confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla. Ice cookies while still slightly warm. Sprinkle with decorative sugars.
- Makes 24 3-inch cookies.